Emma in the Night - Wendy Walker


Blurb

Two sisters go missing.

Only one returns.

Getting people to believe you is easy.
If you tell them what they want to hear.
When my sister and I disappeared three years ago,
they found Emma’s car at the beach. Some people believed she had gone there to find a party or meet a friend who never showed. They believed that she’d gone for a swim.
They believed that she’d drowned. Maybe by accident. Maybe a suicide.

Everyone believed Emma was dead.
As for me, well – now I’m back to tell our story.
You’ll have to see if you believe it.


Review

I loved the premise of this book but sadly I found it became a bit wearisome towards the end. There were a few 'I didn't see that coming moments' but I found it all a little far-fetched. The majority of the novel is a comprehensive analysis of narcissism; how a narcissist thinks, feels, what they're needs and insecurities are, etc. So although it wasn't my cup of tea, if you enjoy psychoanalysis, this book is for you!

⭐⭐⭐

Favourite quote

“I think there are two types of people. 
Ones who have a scream inside them and ones who don’t.” 

Read if you enjoyed




Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts