The Dead Ex - Jane Corry

Blurb
HE CHEATED. HE LIED. HE DIED.
Vicki's husband David once promised to love her in sickness and in health. But after a brutal attack left her suffering with epilepsy, he ran away with his mistress.
So when Vicki gets a call one day to say that he's missing, her first thought is 'good riddance'. But then the police find evidence suggesting that David is dead. And they think Vicki had something to do with it.
What really happened on the night of David's disappearance?
And how can Vicki prove her innocence, when she's not even sure of it herself?

Review
I loved the cover, I loved the concept but something just didn't work for me and I was gutted. Vicki is an unreliable protagonist, she has epilepsy, her seizures, and medication mean at times she can't remember what happened... so how can she be sure she is innocent? From there the story is split between two characters experiences which I felt were rather disjointed as the connection between the vastly different stories was unclear for the majority of the novel. That being said my curiosity was piked enough to see me reading until the link was revealed and I was intrigued to see what become of them both in the final chapters. There are plenty of twists and turns throughout and this novel it had all the hallmarks of a brilliant thriller - revenge, a missing ex, an unreliable lead but its execution wasn't flawless.


Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin Books UK for sending me this in exchange for an open and honest review.
⭐⭐⭐

Read if you enjoyed:

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts