Postscript - Cecelia Ahern

Blurb
It's been seven years since Holly Kennedy's husband died – six since she read his final letter, urging Holly to find the courage to forge a new life.

She’s proud of all the ways in which she has grown and evolved. But when a group inspired by Gerry's letters, calling themselves the PS, I Love You Club, approaches Holly asking for help, she finds herself drawn back into a world that she worked so hard to leave behind.

Reluctantly, Holly beings a relationship with the club, even as their friendship threatens to destroy the peace she believes she has achieved. As each of these people calls upon Holly to help them leave something meaningful behind for their loved ones, Holly will embark on a remarkable journey – one that will challenge her to ask whether embracing the future means betraying the past, and what it means to love someone forever…


Review
Postscript is a triumph that perfectly captures the marvel that is the human spirit & I'm not sure my review will do this book justice, but here goes... 

Holly's world is fully immersive the from where is now to the journey she chooses to undertake with the 'PS I Love You Club'. The characters are wonderfully written, Ahern captures their immense suffering and perfectly combines it with funny, lighthearted moments. There are moments she brings to close to tears only to have you crying with laughter. 

Ahern broke my heart and put it back together again, leaving me feeling uplifted and inspired. It is a masterpiece not to be missed, best book of 2019!

For those wondering (like I was) whether the sequel for PS I Love You would be in the same league, put your fears aside and dive into Postscript it is as heart-touching in equal measure - Just don't forget the tissues! 

Thanks to Harper Collins and Abbie for sending me this in exchange for an open and honest review.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟



Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts