A Nearly Normal Family - M. T. Edvardsson

Blurb
The Father
Believes his daughter has been framed.

The Mother
Believes she is hiding something.

The Daughter
Believes they have no idea what she’s truly capable of . . .

There are three sides to the story.
And the truth will shatter this family to pieces.

Review
A smart, well translated and twisty tale that I found hard to put down.

Told in three parts from very different but all very interesting points of view - the dad a pastor believes his daughter is innocent, the imprisoned teenage daughter & the mum a lawyer who thinks her daughter has something to hide.

I soon became absorbed in this multi-layered narrative, its complexity focusing on the characters their actions, motivations and how far they are willing to go to protect who they love.

It missed out on 5⭐ because I found some of it a bit repetitive and I found the Dad's part slightly annoying, I've nothing against annoying characters but I did find his section dragged slightly for me.

I would definitely like to read more from this author in the future and it was a refreshing take on a family-based psychological thriller.

Thanks to Pan Macmillan & Netgalley for sending me this in exchange for an open and honest review.

⭐⭐⭐⭐


Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts