Author of the Month - Cara Hunter


Hey, Bookworms!

I'm very excited to announce a new feature Author of the Month, I will use this to highlight my favourite authors. I will post about them and their books and I hope you'll discover a new author to enjoy or you'll already love them and we can fangirl about their work together. So without further ado, my very first author of the month is the very talented Cara Hunter!

Cara (pictured) pens the absolutely thrilling DI Adam Fawley series, the first three Close to Home, In the Dark and Now Way Out are all Sunday Times best-selling crime novels. I'm sure her latest release All the Rage will be joining them soon, I'm sure! 

She has been shortlisted for Crime Book of the Year at the British Book Awards, Close to Home was a Richard and Judy bookclub pick and No Way Out was selected by the Sunday Times as one of the 100 Best Crime novels since 1945.

Cara lives in Oxford on streets, not unlike those featured in her novels and she ever so kindly said she would love to answer a few of my questions! Queue me breaking out in a happy dance around the room when I composed myself we continued chatting and here is our Q&A...


If you had to describe DI Fawley in three words what would they be?
Clever, private, compassionate.

Can you share something with us something from ‘All The Rage’ that isn’t in the blurb?
The investigation leads us backwards into Adam's past, and we find out how he and Alex first met.

Where do you get the ideas for your novels?
 It's usually a mixture of things I've picked up. Something I might read in a paper, see on a crime programme, or even a face I see on the street. After a while, all these different elements start to cluster together and a story begins to emerge. 

Which book in the DI Fawley series is your favourite?
That's like asking which is your favourite child! I have a soft spot for Close to Home because it was what got this whole thing started, but otherwise, I like them all in different ways.

What is the most surprising thing you have discovered while writing your books?
You can't have a beard if you're a firefighter!

Where is your favourite place to write?
In my kitchen, in the summer with the doors open and the cats coming in and out. 

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Do you mean in terms of how I go about it? I do the most enormous synopses, planning out all the details before I start. They can be 30 pages long!
  
How do you pick your book titles? Which is your favorite?
Close to Home came to me straight away as soon as I got that idea. Since then I've always tried to find simple titles. Ie, three words, one syllable each, in a phrase that has at least two different meanings. I have to confess I really really love All the Rage as a title!

Which book is currently on your bedside table?
The Snowdonia Killings, by Simon McCleave

Who is the author you most admire in your genre?
I admire so many! Ian Rankin, Shari Lapena  Nicci French, Fiona Barton....

Are you working on book five now? Please can you confirm if it is another DI Adam Fawley?
I am! It's The Whole Truth, and yes it is Fawley Number Five!


It was a total pleasure!


Her 4th novel All the Rage is out now in ebook and it is a steal at 99p on the Kindle at the moment and the paperback is being released on the 23rd Jan, grab yourself a copy! If you haven't read the first three don't be put off you certainly don't need to have read the others in the series to enjoy this one, they work as standalone but you would be doing yourself a disservice and missing out if you don't read them all!  

Check back soon for my reviews of the previous novels and All the Rage, which I'm off to curl up with now under a blanket with a coffee... I know once I start it I won't be able to put it down! xx




Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts