Review | The Babysitter by Phoebe Morgan


Blurb
On the hottest day of the year, Caroline Harvey is found dead in Suffolk. Her body is left draped over a cot – but the baby she was looking after is missing.  

Hundreds of miles away, Siobhan Dillon is on a luxurious family holiday in France when her husband, Callum, is arrested by French police on suspicion of murder.
 
As Siobhan’s perfect family is torn apart by the media in the nation’s frantic search for the missing baby, she desperately tries to piece together how Callum knew Caroline.

What happened that night? Was Caroline as innocent as she seemed – or was she hiding a secret of her own?

Review
A whodunit that will keep you guessing until the very end!

This novel is told from several viewpoints, all the characters are well-drawn and I was immediately intrigued as it becomes clear they all have their own secrets.

I loved the contrasting settings of a French villa and Ipswich a town I live not too far from so I am very familiar with it.

It just missed out on 5⭐ because I felt it dragged slightly in the middle (but that might just be me being super picky!) and it certainly regains it's momentum as the twists reveal themselves towards the end.

Overall, this brilliant plotted, tense psychological thriller is a must-read for all whodunit fans. This is my first Phoebe Morgan book but I shall definitely be hunting down the back catalog.

Thanks to HQ Stories & NetGalley for sending me this in exchange for an open and honest review.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts