Review | The Curator M. W. Craven

Blurb
It's Christmas and a serial killer is leaving displayed body parts all over Cumbria. A strange message is left at each scene: #BSC6

Called in to investigate, the National Crime Agency's Washington Poe and Tilly Bradshaw are faced with a case that makes no sense. Why were some victims anaesthetized, while others died in appalling agony? Why is their only suspect denying what they can irrefutably prove but admitting to things they weren't even aware of? And why did the victims all take the same two weeks off work three years earlier?

And when a disgraced FBI agent gets in touch things take an even darker turn. Because she doesn't think Poe is dealing with a serial killer at all; she thinks he's dealing with someone far, far worse - a man who calls himself the Curator.

And nothing will ever be the same again . . .

Review
What can I say Craven has done it again... This novel is exceptional! Fast-paced, thrilling & oh so clever. I've said it once and I'll say it again he is a mastermind at his craft.

I was literally counting down the days until I could get my mitts on this! It exceeded my very very high expectations and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it is my favourite of the series (how many days until Dead Ground is out?! Who do I have to kidnap to get an early copy?).

Poe & Tilly are the best crime duo about. I love their relationship, how fiercely protective of each other they are. Their exchanges, and how they have grown to love each other's little quirks. Most of all love that they will go to the ends of the earth for each other but there is no romantic agenda. They are dynamic, funny & will steal a piece of your heart.

This plot is compelling, gruesome & completely original. If you are looking for a crime novel that will keep you on the edge of your seat, that you will not be able to put down and one that you will not be able to guess the ending of, look no further. Pick this up and enjoy the ride, you can thank me later! I whole-heartedly recommend this book and if you haven't yet come across Poe & Tilly then definitely treat yourself to the whole series! (You certainly don't have to, to enjoy The Curator but the only person missing out is you).

A huge thanks to Little Brown Books & NetGalley for sending me a copy in return for an open & honest review.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PS. The fabulous M. W. Craven did a brilliant Q&A with me! I know how lucky was I... if you missed it go check it out here!

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts