In Case You Missed It | Lindsey Kelk | Review

Blurb
When Ros comes home after three years away, she’s ready to pick up with life exactly where she left it. But her friends have moved on, her parents have rekindled their romance, and her bedroom is now a garden shed. All of a sudden, she’s swept up in nostalgia for the way things were.

Then her phone begins to ping, with messages from her old life. Including one number she thought she’d erased for good – the man who broke her heart. Is this her second chance at one big love? Sometimes we all want to see what we’ve been missing…

Review
I naturally abandoned all plans and curled up to devour this novel and I'm over the moon to report it was everything I hoped it would be and much more.

I was rooting for Ros from the start she is smart, funny, chaotic, and real. Her misadventures will have you crying with laugher and cringing. It is definitely not all plain sailing... but life never is, is it? Is Patrick the one who got away or he is better left in the past?

The whole cast of characters is full of depth, fabulously relevant and diverse. From their skin colour, sexual orientation, to the over 60's couple still enjoying a sex life (I will never look at sushi the same way again!). It is real and representative.

The sprinkles of 90's nostalgia throughout are icing on the cake... who remembers groovy chick?

I have so much love for this book. It warms your soul, it's authentic and brimming laugh-out-loud moments. I shall most certainly be grabbing a real copy for my shelves, this is one I'll want to read again.

Kelk at her very best! - Don't. Miss. It.

A huge thanks to Harper Collins UK & NetGalley for gifting me a copy in return for an open & honest review.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts