My Most Anticipated Reads of 2021 | Thriller Thursdays

 


In this week's Thriller Thursday I reveal my most anticipated reads of 2021.

I've narrowed it down to ten books that sound incredibly intriguing & I do not want to miss...


1) The Art of Death | David Fennell | Released: 4th February

Why I'm looking forward to it:
For fans of Chris Carter? Say no more! 

"Death is an art, and he is the master... 
Three glass cabinets appear in London's Trafalgar Square containing a gruesome art installation: the floating corpses of three homeless men. Shock turns to horror when it becomes clear that the bodies are real."



2) The Whole Truth | Cara Hunter | Released: 18th March

Why I'm looking forward to it: 
I love this series and I cannot wait to devour the latest DCI Fawley novel.

"An attractive student. An older professor.
Think you know the story? 
Think again."






3) Missing Pieces | Tim Weaver | Released: 1st April

Why I'm looking forward to it:
Weavers first standalone, sure I will miss Raker but I am very excited to get my mitts on this, it sounds terrific!

"Rebekah Murphy knows too much...
Detective Frank Travis doesn't know enough...
What neither Rebekah nor Detective Travis realize is that each holds a missing piece of the same puzzle - and it will cost them everything they love to finally solve it..."



4) Bullet Train | Kotaro Isaka | Translator: Sam Malissa | Released: 1st April

Why I'm looking forward to it: 
This original high concept thriller from Japan has the most fascinating set-up.

"Five killers find themselves on a bullet train from Tokyo competing for a suitcase full of money. Who will make it to the last station."



5) Dial A For Aunties | Jesse Q. Sutanto | Released: 27th April

Why I'm looking forward to it:
A murder mystery - with a dash of rom-com!

"What happens when you mix 1 (accidental) murder with 2 thousand wedding guests and then toss in a possible curse on 3 generations of an immigrant Chinese-Indosnesian family?
...You get 4 meddling Asian Aunties coming to the rescue!"

6) The Other Black Girl | Zakiya Dalila Harris | Released: 1st June

Why I'm looking forward to it:
Pitched as The Get Out meets The Devil Wears Prada this sounds perfect!

"They've only just started comparing natural hair regimes when a string of uncomfortable events cause Nella to become Public Enemy Number One and Hazel, the office darling.
...Then notes begin to appear on Nella's desk: LEAVE NOW."


7) Dead Ground | M. W. Craven | Released: 3rd Jun

Why I'm looking forward to it:
Everyone needs Poe & Tilly in their lives! I cannot wait to get my mitts on their next adventure.

"Despite being heavily vetted for a high-profile job, why does nothing in the victim's background check out? Why was a small ornament left at the crime scene - and why did someone on the investigation steal it?"


8) The Blood Divide | A. A. Dhand | Released: 24th June

Why I'm looking forward to it:
Dhand writes fast-paced compulsive novels & I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one.

"....tortured and left for dead with a young woman he has never met before.
Jack is a Sikh corner shop keeper with a criminal record. Aisha is a Muslim medical student from a wealthy family.
...What could possibly connect them?''



9) I Know What You've Done | Dorothy Koomson | Released: 8th July

Why I'm looking forward to it:
I just love Koomson's dark, tightly plotted tales. Those devastating twists make her unmissable for me.

"What if all your neighbours secrets landed in a diary on your doorstep?
What if the woman who gave it to you was murdered by one of the people in the diary?
What if the police asked if you knew anything?
Would you hand over the book of secrets?
Or... would you try to find out what everyone had done?"

10) Hostage | Clare Mackintosh | Released: 8th July

Why I'm looking forward to it:
Mackintosh always knows how to get your pulse racing and this one sounds epic.

"You can save hundreds of lives,
or you can save the one that matters most. 
The atmosphere onboard the inaugural non-stop flight from London to Sydney is electric.
It's twenty hours to landing,
A lot can happen in twenty hours..."



Have I made you add any to your wishlist? Or is there any missing that you think I should have included? Come and let me know what you think in the comments 😊

Don't forget to pop back for next week's Thriller Thursday!










Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts