Simon Kernick | Kill A Stranger | Out Now | Review | Thriller Thursdays



Kicking off my new feature Thriller Thursdays with a review of my first thriller of 2021! I'm a huge Simon Kernick fan and he didn't disappoint with his latest release Kill A Stranger.


 Plot: Matt gets home to find a dead woman in his bed. He has no idea who she is but he knows she definitely isn't his fiance. She has been kidnapped and if he wants a chance of seeing her again he must get rid of this body and kill a stranger. How far would you go to save the one you love?


Expertly plotted as soon as thought I knew what was going on Kernick blew my theories out of the water & the last twist left me with a big smirk, a very satisfying ending. 

"I need to hear from each suspect what happened in the twenty-four hours leading up to their arrest. I just want to let them tell it their way, with as little interruption as possible. Give them the rope to hang themselves.  

             Because right now, I think they are all lying." 

 People:  The characters are strong & distinctive but entirely untrustworthy! Brimming with secrets & lies Kernick keeps you on your toes trying to work out who is telling the truth, who isn't, and what the hell is really going on!

DCI Cameron Doyle deserves a special mention here for being the most likable character in the novel by a long shot, I do hope this isn't the last we see of him.

Pace: It's a fast-paced novel with cliffhangers at the end of short chapters making it impossible to put down. My only advice would be to make sure you hold on for the ride!

Pick up if you enjoyed:  


Have you read a Kernick? What did you think? Leave a comment and we can have a natter 😊

Don't forget to pop back for next week's Thriller Thursday!




Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts