ROSS WELFORD | WHEN WE GOT LOST IN DREAMLAND | REVIEW | OUT NOW | MIDDLE GRADE MONDAYS


I'm kicking my new feature Middle Grade Monday's off with a review of Ross Welfold's latest release When We Got Lost in Dreamland. I think this might be his best adventure yet!

Plot: When 12-year-old Malky & his younger brother Seb become owners of a "Dreaminator", they are thrust into worlds beyond their wildest imaginations...

I've loved Welford's other novels so I knew I was in for a treat with his latest release. It's a remarkable tale of brotherhood, friendship & the power of dreams. Full of heart, funny & inventive it will stay with you long after you have turned the last page.

"It's your dream, Dream-boy. No one else is in charge. Just like life.

People: Malky is a little lost, struggling to find his way - it was a joy to watch him grow over the course of the book, to build a better relationship with his brother & some of the other characters around him. As well as learning to stand up for himself & the people he cares about in the right way.

Susan's Grandmother was a brilliant character and deserves a special mention here she was always kind but she made sure Malky didn't get too big for his boots. 

Pace: This is a fast-paced novel, with an absorbing premise it won't take you long to get lost in dreamland, I certainly did. 

Disclaimer: A huge thanks to Harper Collins Children's Books & Kaleidoscopic Tours for sending me this title. All opinions are my own.

Pick up if you enjoyed: 

Have you read any Ross Welford? What did you think? Leave a comment and we can have a natter 😊

Don't forget to pop back for next week's Middle Grade Monday!

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts