Written In Blood | Chris Carter | Review

Blurb
A serial killer will stop at nothing…
 
The Killer
His most valuable possession has been stolen.
Now he must retrieve it, at any cost.
 
The Girl
Angela Wood wanted to teach the man a lesson. It was a bag, just like all the others.
But when she opens it, the worst nightmare of her life begins.
 
The Detective
A journal ends up at Robert Hunter’s desk. It soon becomes clear that there is a serial killer on the loose. And if he can’t stop him in time, more people will die.
 
If you have read it
You must die

Review
Well, what can I say? I was blown away! Carter once again perfectly combines twisted tales and compelling characters like no one else. This is an original edge-of-your-seat thriller, so terrifying it gave me chills from the very first chapter!

The short, sharp chapters are constantly adding to the tension and are so addictive I found myself saying 'just one more'. Meanwhile the tension rack ups, as along with Hunter and Garcia, I raced to find this terrifying killer. Along the way, I felt my skin crawl, my heart pound, and my jaw drop.

I couldn't put it down, but I also didn't want to arrive at the end too quickly (ever get that feeling with a book?). Nevertheless I, of course, couldn't stop reading and now I'm up way past my bedtime waiting for my heartbeat to return to normal! 
I whole-heartedly recommend it - This is a compulsive, gruesome read you will not want to miss! If you haven't yet come across Robert Hunter then definitely treat yourself to the whole series! (You certainly don't have to, to enjoy Written In Blood, but the only person missing out is you).

A huge thanks to Harriett at Simon & Schuster for gifting me a copy in return for an open & honest review.
⠀⠀⠀
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⠀

PS. The fabulous Chris did a brilliant Q&A with me! I know how lucky was I... if you missed it go check it out here!

Comments

Follow me on Instagram

Popular Posts